Alps Alpine Co., Ltd. has developed the SSCZ compact detector switch, expanding its switch series lineup for open/shut detection in car doors and other automotive parts.
Electronic components required for the ongoing electrification of vehicles need to be made smaller and lighter, and there are growing safety demands, including higher accuracy and the capability for early detection of surrounding circuit breaks or other abnormalities to counter equipment failure and accidental or erroneous operation.
Failure detection functionality, greater locking/unlocking accuracy and mounting improvements are also sought for door lock modules that require compact detector switches. To fill this need, Alps Alpine has developed the SSCZ compact detector switch through modification of the already available SSCW switch.
Automotive safety features have been bolstered in recent years and the number of vehicles with speed-sensitive or other types of automatic locking is on the rise. In automatic locking systems, the ECU automatically switches between locked and unlocked states depending on the situation, which necessitates detection of door lock status.
Whereas the existing SSCW switch (single pole, single throw) is mainly used for detecting locked status in vehicle doors, the newly developed SSCZ allows detection of two states – locked and unlocked – by employing a single-pole, double-throw (one-pole, two-position) design. Use of double-sided sliding contacts ensures high contact reliability even when subjected to impacts or vibrations. Meanwhile, changes to the internal structure realize a 300,000-cycle operating life, three times longer than the existing model.
Alps Alpine has been manufacturing and supplying detector switches for automotive use for more than 20 years and plans to gradually expand the scope of application beyond their principle use in door open/shut detection. For example, there is growing demand for application in detection of electric vehicle charger connection and smart rear-view mirror on/off detection.
We remain committed to developing products that best match the needs of customers and the market, at the same time working to find solutions to social issues through our business.
- Single-pole, double-throw (one-pole, two-position) switch
- Supports solderless mounting – use of connector terminal allows connections simply by inserting the terminal
- 300,000-cycle operating life – long life realized by switching to a structure with low stress amplitude
- Mounting compatibility with the existing SSCW switch (single pole, single throw) – a common mount housing design for single-pole, single-throw and single-pole, double throw switches would allow use of the switches for grade differentiation
- Dimensions : 5.3 × 13.84 × 15.4mm
- Operating force : 1.1N (max.)
- Rating : 0.1A 16V DC (max.) / 50μA 3V DC (min.)
- Operating life : 300,000 cycles
- Contact resistance : 500mΩ (max.)