Toshiba Electronic Devices & Storage Corporation ("Toshiba") has launched two photorelays, “TLP223GA” and “TLP223J,” with an OFF-state output terminal voltage rating of 400V and 600V, respectively. They both feature low input power, improved switching characteristics, and are housed in a DIP4 package. Shipments start today.
The new products come with a high luminous efficiency LED developed by Toshiba and have a maximum trigger LED current of 2mA. This is about 33% lower than current products and allows low input power.
Faster operation is secured by lower switching characteristics (turn-on time, turn-off time): 50% for TLP223GA and 75% for TLP223J.
Their maximum operating temperature ratings have been extended from 85°C to 110°C, suiting them for use in equipment installed outdoors, such as smart meters. A maximum isolation voltage of 5000Vrms allows use in equipment requiring high isolation performance.
 Current products: TLP240GA, TLP240J
 Maximum turn-on and turn-off time comparison with current products above.
- Smart meters
- Security systems (PIR etc.)
- Industrial equipment (programmable logic controllers, I/O interface, various sensor control, etc.)
- Building automation systems
- Replacement of mechanical relays
 PIR (Passive Infrared Ray): Passive sensor, which detects humans’ access by variation of infrared radiation
- Low input power: IFT=2mA (max), VF=1.5V (max)
- High-speed operation:
tON=1ms (max) (TLP223GA)
tON=0.5ms (max) (TLP223J)
- High operating temperature rating: Topr (max)=110°C
- High isolation voltage: BVS=5000Vrms (min)