Submission: September 3, 2021
Registration: September 3, 2021
Prizes: Please see details below
Type: Student Competition
International Building Design Competition 2021 is organized by the Singapore Polytechnic (SP) and Nanyang Technological University (NTU), supported by the Building Construction Authority (BCA), and in partnership with many Institutes of Higher Learning. This year, IBDC 2021 will adopt an ‘open-theme approach’ that allows participants a free hand to decide on a building typology for the competition. However, the design of the building needs to ad here to the following criteria:
1. Sustainable Building Design
2. Design for Manufacturing and Assembly (flexible PPVC moulds & standardized components at different areas, such as DfMA wall components with adjustable moulds, adaptable for different height requirements).
Sustainable Building Design
Sustainable Building Design is the practice of creating structures and using processes that are environmentally responsible and resource-efficient throughout a building’s life – cycle from siting to design, construction, operation, maintenance, renovation and deconstruction.
1. Energy efficiency (Zero Energy Building – ZEB or Super Low Energy– SLE)
2. Water efficiency (Urban Water Design)
3. Environmental protection (Low impact)
4. Indoor environmental quality (User well being)
5. Other sustainable and innovative features that contribute to better building performance.
THE DESIGN FOR MANUFACTURING AND ASSEMBLY
The Design for Manufacturing and Assembly (DfMA) approach is to produce components in factory and assembled on site, to save cost, time, effort and resources.The following parameters should be taken into considerations for time and cost planning purposes:
1. Equipment for hoisting (Type, Number of crane, Loading capacity)
2. Production rate of factory (modules per day/ hoisting time per module)
3. Site storage capacity
4. Project Construction timeline (timelines saving/ manpower saving)
5. Volume and type of DfMA Components.
Awards Cash Prizes (SGD)
1st Prize $8,000
2nd Prize $6,000
3rd Prize $4,000
5 Merits $1,000
8 Consolations $500